Sometimes, the DVD may be faulty and fail to function. Such circumstances become annoying, especially for people who like listening to music after connecting it to the DVD player. It is possible to listen to your home theater without the use of a DVD player. You can enjoy your music in such a way even if there is no DVD player present, especially during the weekends. Moreover, consider important factors before connecting any device to your home theater speaker.
There are several ways of using your home theater system without a DVD. You may connect the smart television directly using the correct AUX cable. If there is no television, but there is a laptop, you require a headphone jack to RCA Y cable to allow you to play music in your home theater system. Also, you may use a different method to connect your television to the home theater system. In case you experience any problem in using your speaker, seek help from the original manufacturer.
In this guide, there are several ways of connecting your home theater speaker without a DVD player. Check the review and choose the available electronic device for connecting your speaker. Also, follow the steps carefully to get the best results. While trying the processes below, follow the manufacturer’s guidelines in case of any difficulties. Finally, follow the buying tips such as the home theater speaker’s cost, quality, etc.
Step-by-step guide of using a home theater speaker without a DVD player
Method 1: Connecting the television using Bluetooth
Bluetooth connectivity is available on most television models, allowing you to connect to a variety of devices. You can easily make the connection using the smart Samsung share feature on your TV and laptop. It implies that if your home entertainment system is Bluetooth compatible, this may be the best option.
The approach has the advantage of not requiring the usage of cables because it is fully wireless. To use this strategy, you must first make sure that your home theater has the same Bluetooth capabilities as your television. To complete this process, follow the steps outlined below:
- Click the button on your television remote control or the laptop. After that, choose your options. Pick the sound menu from the displayed screen, then the sound output choice.
- After that, choose the speaker list to which your television is connected. Pick your HTS in this scenario. Make sure your Bluetooth device is turned on and in pairing mode before proceeding.
- Select the pair and reconnect choice, and then allow for your home theater system to react.
- If you’re having trouble, ensure your home theater system is powered on and not coupled with anything else.
- Also, move it nearer to your television, possibly a meter or two away. You can also turn off the HTS and the television.
- When the Television or laptop and home theater systems have completed their pairing, click OK.
- If everything goes according to plan, you must now be able to link the two electronic equipment.
Method 2: Digital Optical Connection
Home theater systems are important for various reasons, one of which is the many connections available for delivering audio and video information to your television. The digital optical connection also is a connection that is appropriate for sound.
For someone who doesn’t know, a digital optical connection is simply a physical connection that uses fiber optics to send audio data from a suitable device to a suitable playback device via specially formulated plugs and wire. Follow the instructions below to complete this connection properly and appropriately:
1) Plug the digital audio output out from your television to the digital audio in on the home theater system with your digital optical cable. Turn on your home theater system after that.
2) Take the remote from your home theater system and use it to set the HTS to the input you plugged the optical cable into. It’s worth noting that many home theater system remote controls have a button that allows you to change between several inputs. If this is the case, you must first hit the button before continuing.
3) You must be able to see and hear sounds coming from your home theater speakers at this point.
4) If you don’t hear any sound coming from your home theater system speakers, use your remote to check the audio output settings on your TV and seek a PCM option. It will aid in the resolution of the issue. The majority of the time, this problem happens with home entertainment systems with optical audio input but no built-in decoding ability.
5) It’s also worth noting that not all of your speakers will emit a sound when accepting a two-channel speaker signal, based on your home theater system’s setup.
Method 3: RCA connection
It is, without a doubt, the simplest and most obvious way of improving your television or laptop listening experience. All you require to do now is connect your smart televisions or laptop analog stereo output, also known as RCA outputs, to your external audio system, such as a home theater speaker. The actions to take are as follows:
- Connect the mini-stereo plug to your television set’s audio output with the analog stereo cables you have on hand.
- Connect the same RCA plugs to the audio in ports on your home theater system.
- After that, power on your home theater system and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Then, on your home theater system, choose the input to hear the sound. If you followed the instructions to the letter, your smart television or laptop must now have an integration to your home theater.
- How can I choose the best home theater speaker?
To get the best home theater system, follow the tips below;
- Installation process: Choose a speaker you can easily set or install without any difficulties.
- The size of the room: Before purchasing any home theater system, choose one that suits your room perfectly. If the room is big, choose a larger speaker and vice versa.
- The devices to connect: Consider both the television or the laptop you may use to connect if the DVD fails to function.
- Cost: Choose an affordable home theater system that fits your budget.
- Quality: A high-quality product is more effective and lasts longer than a low-quality product.
The information above summarizes the various ways of using your home theater system if there is no DVD player. First, you may use television to play your music. Also, you may use a laptop in case there is no television and DVD player. When connecting the devices, it is essential to consider and review the manufacturer’s manual guide. Also, seek help if you are unable to connect the electronic devices.
Finally, take some precautions to avoid faults from occurring. For example, maintain the device regularly following the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule. Also, clean the speaker and remove any dust using a vacuum cleaner to improve its performance. Further, use the correct electronic devices when connecting all the devices. Lastly, when replacing the home theater system, choose one that suits your preferences perfectly.