Sometimes you might want to have the size of your small TV’s image increased even without purchasing a new one. A projector will thus be the best option to increase your view. Projectors are helpful in displaying a particular message or information in an increased view, hence reaching many people. On establishing the correct connection, you will enjoy your TV programs on a big-screen display.
A projector works by projecting information into a light surface like a wall, white surface, or projection screen. Projectors are very helpful, especially when doing a presentation at big gatherings. It accepts a video/image input through a cable connected to the projector from your TV. The projector processes the input with the help of an inbuilt optical system and projects the information to the light surface.
There are several considerations when one is choosing the type of projectors to purchase. Such could be the projection size, lumen output, lam-based or laser, and throw ratio. It’s also vital to consider the projector quality, audio, and image qualities. Consider as well the ease of setting up the projector to start displaying.
Here are different types of projectors you can get for your home;
1. Portable projectors
These projectors are the easiest to use. They are also referred to as LB series projectors. These projectors are usually light in weight and are compact. They have a resolution that ranges from XGA to WXGA and are bright enough. For medium rooms, maybe for meetings and probably holding a class, these projectors are preferable.
Portable projectors have more advanced valuable features. Such features include the memory viewer and USB display functions. One only needs to insert the USB memory device into the USB port, and data loads into your projector for the memory function. For the display function, ensure you connect the USB cable and do your presentation.
2. Short/ ultra-short throw projectors
When holding meetings or having a class in a little spaced room, this type of projector is simply the best. One doesn’t have to set them from far, but they project the intended message. Their resolution runs from XGA to WXGA with a brightness range of 2800 to 3500 ANSI lumens.
Like portable projectors, short-throw projectors have the USB display function and memory viewer functions, among other essential features.
3. Installation projectors
Installation projectors are best fit for lecture classes, exhibitions, boardroom meetings, or in holding seminars. Installation projectors have a brighter display. Their brightness range reaches up to 5500 ANSI lumens and is the best fit for wireless connection. They offer ‘Miracast’ projection whereby you can run your projection from a laptop or your phone.
4. Home cinema projectors
These projectors over a full HD resolution hence offering the best picture quality. For a more excellent cinema experience, ensure you acquire this type of projector. An advantage about these projectors is that they have a seven-color mode and premium color management, which does not cause effects to the viewer’s eyes.
5. Large venue projectors
When staging or holding large meetings or for churches, these projectors are helpful. Home cinema projectors are best fit for big locations due to their higher brightness range of at least 5000 ANSI lumens. These projectors use more advanced RGB booster technology, hence high-quality images. Each displayed color can stand out due to high levels of color brightness.
Some of the features that make these projectors useful for large meetings include; liquid-enabled cooling systems, dual lamp systems, and edge bleeding.
How to connect coaxial cable to a projector
There are a few steps that you need to follow to connect a coaxial cable to your projector as explained;
- Before you start connecting your cable to the projector, identify various features of your projector. Ensure you have High-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) experiences. If you lack HDMI skills, you will need to acquire an adapter cable. The cable helps in converting signals in the entire system.
- Secondly, use an RCA cable to connect the cable box to your projector. Plug the RCA cable into the ports identified with the letter V or sometimes might be identified with a yellow color. These are the video ports.
- The next step is to check on the audio connection. It is always essential to use a different sound system to ensure that the presentation is audible. Ensure you hook up your sound system to the projector’s audio input and connect the cable through your audio system.
- On your electrical channel, plug in your projector and the cable box. The projector and the cable box should be hooked up with a coaxial cable. For the case of an additional audio system, you can opt for multiple plugs and sometimes need an adapter.
- The last step is now to turn on the projector. It is done first, then the TV and finally cable TV box. Once this setup is complete, the information flows automatically to the system. Problems such as unclear or doubled images, or if the system fails, may result from a poor connection. Therefore, there is a need to reset the entire cable connection.
Advantages of using projectors
Projectors have the following advantages;
- Projectors generate a large display screen, hence a large picture size.
- They are an alternative for large screen TVs as they display bright pictures.
- Are cost-effective for a big-screen experience.
- A projector will save your room space as they take up no floor space.
- It is easy to install projectors
Disadvantages of projectors
For large gatherings, your projector needs an extra sound system. Installation of the projector can be costly, depending on how it is fixed. Another disadvantage is that it can only be used on bright surfaces, hence difficult for dark rooms.
Projectors have become vital devices in different places, including lecture halls, meeting points, and offices. Presentations to a large audience are run by use of these projectors. As discussed, getting a projector with the right qualities depending on the intended purpose will help you increase your view. You thus don’t need to worry about your small home TV; instead, get a projector.
It is more important to ensure you make the correct cable connection. The connection entails all input, coaxial cable, the audio system connections to your projector. It ensures that your presentation is simply the best; hence your audience will enjoy the whole session. Projectors exist in different types, get the best for you and enjoy a projected view.